The Leukemia Ironman Fundraiser for Eric was established in 2009 as a resource that provides advocacy, education, information, and financial assistance for needs not covered by insurance (gas, hotel stays, hospital bills, medication costs, and co-pays) to families caring for terminally, critically, and chronically ill, severely disabled, or seriously injured young adults and children affected by cancer. We are also able to help make a person's last wishes (bucket list) come true. L.I.F.E. assists families living or receiving care for their children in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, or Minnesota.
The amount given can vary according to the family's situation, as well as availability of funds. If the application is approved, funds are sent directly to the family to be used for whatever is needed.
- The person must have a diagnosed serious, chronic, or critical illness, disability, or condition currently requiring medical attention, although he or she does not need to be hospitalized at the time of the referral.
- The person must be between the ages of 18 and 30.
- The person must be a resident of or be receiving treatment in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, or Minnesota.
- The person must be dependent on parents or guardians.
- The person's family must be experiencing financial challenges as a direct result of expenses related to the child's illness, injury, or disability.